I haven't been to a large music festival since high school but I have to say it was WAY better than I thought it would be. We lucked out with the weather this year and the high was in the mid-90's which was a dream-come-true after 60+ days of over 100 degree weather. We had a little rain which I didn't even mind because it cooled everything down even more and I got to use my pink rain jacket that I never get to wear.
ACL is the kind of festival where you can put out a blanket and just sit and listen to music and relax, or you can fight your way through the crowd to get as close as you can for some of the bigger acts. We saw Coldplay, Kanye West, Stevie Wonder, The Head and The Heart, Cut Copy, Ray LaMontagne, Iron & Wine, Fitz & The Tantrums, Delta Spirit, and so many more.
We even got backstage with free beer and clean port-o-potties which would sound more exciting if you had to experience the other restrooms and $7 beer all weekend long. It was a great experience and weather pending, I will gladly do it all again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment