Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mi Casa

This is my house. It's a constant work in progress because I love decorating and DIY projects and can't wait to own a home so I can do some major damage! Right now we have a mix of Ikea, Target and hand-me-down antiques and it has been fun making everything work together.

Living Room


I thought about arranging the books by color but Ben wasn't as excited about that so we went for this instead. He even thought it was crazy that all the books aren't stacked the same way but I won that one... boys clearly aren't into decorating :)


I have always wanted an entryway to decorate but in our tiny condo this will have to do for now. It's a little bare but I'm looking for something cool to go on the bottom shelf.


These are my great grandmother's antique chairs that have been the source of jokes since college. I don't particularly love the fabric but they have a great shape and one day I'll have them recovered. I thought about doing it myself but I think I'll leave that DIY to the professionals.  


Dining Room/Kitchen

Speaking of DIY, I was able to re-cover the chairs from the dining room set that was given to me and it was a tedious process (which is why I decided against tackling the living room chairs). I used some curtains that were on sale at West Elm in a blue/grey Ikat pattern.



We were fortunate to have built-ins in our condo because I have so many knick-knacks (my mom started that obsession). I have a lot of milk glass and the shelves are white so I found a fun idea on apartment therapy that used newspaper to line shelves and tried it out with the appendix from a cool book I got at work.



Our kitchen is very retro and maybe not in the best way. The appliances are OLD and baking is always an experiment in the 'nice' oven we have but it's kind of cute and we are renting so I can't complain too much! 


Bathrooms/Bedrooms

The guest bathroom is a little girly but I tried to pick neutral colors so it wouldn't be too feminine.  Green is my favorite color so it was an easy choice.


The guest bedroom has been a project for a while, I can't decide on a color because I have all white furniture and this is the only room in the condo that is not painted. Ben calls this the 'creepy doll-house' room since all the furniture is white and one day I want to paint the furniture but that is a major project and will have to wait.  For now it's pretty boring but we rarely use that room so it hasn't bothered me too much. 



Backyard?

We don't really have a backyard since we live in a condo so this is the only outdoor area for now. We do have a pool though, which I will miss since I refuse to buy a home with a pool (too much work). 



No comments:

Post a Comment