Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Texas Chic

My sister's birthday was this weekend and we went to Fort Worth to celebrate. I have only been a few times so I still have not seen too much of the city but I think it's pretty cute other than the smell of livestock that hits the air when there's a breeze.

When we got to her apartment she said we were going to eat at Tillman's Roadhouse and I assumed it would be the typical Texas bar-b-que place with paper towels on the table and plasticware. I was completely surprised when we walked in and the place was so cool. The only words I can think of to describe it are 'Texas Chic'. The juxtaposition of rustic texas and chic and modern made it a really fun place. Of course, the food was amazing. I couldn't get enough of the truffled-popcorn and the grilled cheese was insane (munster, pickled shallots, shaved granny smith apple, and lemon-basil mayo on sour dough).







No comments:

Post a Comment